Aegis Unveils Discoverant 4.0 Enterprise Manufacturing Intelligence Software
January 18, 2011
LAFAYETTE, Colo., Jan. 18, 2011 - Aegis Analytical Corp., the leading provider of Enterprise Manufacturing Intelligence software, announced today availability of Aegis Discoverant® 4.0, the latest version of its global software platform.
Discoverant is used by global process manufacturers - including Abbott, Baxter, Biogen Idec, Bristol-Myers Squibb, Eli Lilly and Company, Genzyme, Human Genome Sciences, Merck Serono and others - for improved process predictability, quality and yield and to help them achieve operational excellence through on-demand and scheduled access to all manufacturing, quality and process development data.
Discoverant 4.0 includes the integration of powerful tools for data access and sharing across multiple manufacturing sites and contract manufacturing organizations (CMOs), enabling better collaboration and real-time decision making.
The new version leverages Microsoft SharePoint Web Parts to provide high level reports designed specifically for observational users without the detailed functionality that Discoverant investigational users require.
Additional Discoverant 4.0 benefits include:
- Direct Connect Manager which provides a "data-gathering engine" to power Discoverant's new enterprise server functionality and connect users to data sources across geographies.
- Enhanced multi-phase analysis (MPA) capabilities to examine chromatography, fermentation and other multi-phase data. Customers use MPA, for example, to help minimize the risk of impurities entering the product stream.
- Improved performance for large analysis groups (AGs). AGs contain the data gathered using Aegis' patented methodology for mapping data from multiple database sources.
- Improved KnowledgeNet, with a browser-based manager and viewer, allows exposure of Discoverant output via a Uniform Resource Locator (URL).
- Enhanced functionality/performance for Aegis' Hierarchy Verification Utility (HVU) tool used to link and aggregate continuous data sources.
"Discoverant 4.0 was built to help customers expand to multi-site, multi-national manufacturing environments," said Aegis President and CEO Robert Di Scipio. "Discoverant 4.0 not only makes data aggregation and analysis easier, it also simplifies internal and external data sharing."
Current Aegis customers can contact their account managers for information on upgrades.
- To download a demonstration of Discoverant for Pharma - Click Here
- To download a demonstration of Discoverant for Biotech - Click Here
Aegis provides Enterprise Manufacturing Intelligence (EMI) solutions that drive a lean supply chain and accelerate revenue with a proven approach to data access, aggregation, analytics and reporting. The company's enterprise-class software platform, Discoverant, leverages existing IT investments to enable on-demand and scheduled access to all manufacturing, quality and process development data for process performance analysis and visibility. Leading manufacturers increase profits by using Discoverant to improve process predictability, quality and yield and accelerate technology transfer. To learn more about Discoverant, visit: www.aegiscorp.com.
# # #
Director of Marketing
Aegis Analytical Corp.